How do I publicize my work?There are several things you can do to publicize your new HTML server or other offering:
- Post to comp.infosystems.www.announce. PLEASE READ THE CHARTER POSTING FIRST. In general, always read a newsgroup first to familiarize yourself before posting to it.
- Submit it to Yahoo (URL is <URL:http://www.yahoo.com/> ), an impressive index of the web which expands its knowledge automatically but permits the direct submission of URLs as well.
- Submit it to a large number of different catalogs using Submit It <URL:http://www.submit-it.com/>, a service which allows you to register with many indexes by filling out a single form.
- A similar one-step submission service is entitled wURLd Presence <URL:http://www.ogi.com/wurld/>.
- Submit it to the NCSA What's New Page at the URL http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/whats-new.html (see the page for details on how to submit your listing!).
- Register your URL in the Lycos Database (URL is <URL:http://www.lycos.com/> ).
- Submit your URL to the maintainers of various catalogs, such as the WWW Virtual Library (at the URL http://www.w3.org/hypertext/DataSources/bySubject/Overview.html ) and the ALIWEB index (at the URL http://web.nexor.co.uk/aliweb/doc/aliweb.html ).
- Read Gareth Rees' guide to publishing on the World Wide Web. (URL is http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/gdr11/publish.html ).
- Consult Pete Page's How to Announce your New Website (URL is <URL:http://ep.com/faq/webannounce.html> ).
World Wide Web FAQ