- Version: 2.1.1
- Entered-date: 1995-05-08
- Description: (From comp.os.linux.announce) Scilab is a matrix-based scientific software package resembling Matlab and Xmath. Scilab contains hundreds of built-in mathematical functions, sophisticated data structures (including polynomials, rationals, linear systems, lists, etc...), a high-level interpretor and a macro language, and excellent graphics. Thanks to full dynamic link capability, C and Fortran programs can be added as new functions.
- ftp://tsx-11.mit.edusunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/apps/math/matrix/scilab-2.1.1.tar.gz (6MB)
- Keywords: Math polynomials language graphics
- Author: Scilab Group (INRIA ENPC) - Scilab@inria.fr
- Platforms: Requires approximately 75Mb of disk storage to unpack and install (all sources included). You need X Window (X11R4 or X11R5), xmkmf (a script shell for creating a Makefile from an Imakefile), C compiler and fortran compiler (or f2c). If you run X11R4, you also need Athena Widgets libraries libXaw.a and libXmu.a.
Up to Linux Software Map