1. Start Menu -> Control Panel -> QuickTime
2. Select the "Browser" tab
3. Click the "MIME Settings" button
4. Make sure "MPEG" and "MP3" are selected
5. Make sure you do NOT select "Flash media" under "Miscellaneous," this will interfere with the normal Flash player
6. Click "OK"
7. Click "OK" again
8. You should be done. Restart your web browser and access the page with the embedded sound or video file again.
For more information, consult MozillaZine's QuickTime Guide for Windows. Also see MozillaZine's Complete Embedded & Streaming Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows Users.
Got a LiveJournal account? Keep up with the latest articles in this FAQ by adding our syndicated feed to your friends list!